All orders for goods, ride outs, private
ride outs and lessons accepted by Horse
Haven Riding School are accepted subject
to the following terms and conditions, which
shall form part and govern the contract of
use of horse(s)/pony(s) or purchased
equipment. No agent or representative of
Horse Haven Riding School has the
authority to vary these conditions unless
accepted in writing by a Proprietor of Horse
Haven Riding School, hereafter referred
to as “a Proprietor”.
1. Payment and Price
1)Horse Haven reserves the right to vary the quoted price for
the loans by upwards additions in accordance
with market conditions at the date of actual supply and the loaner shall
pay such additions to the quoted price.
2)All invoices requested are due for payment on the date
shown on the invoice. Payment is to be made
in sterling unless otherwise agreed in writing by a Proprietor.
2. Liability and Risk
It is recognised that equestrian activities
are hazardous to participants, regardless of
all feasible safety measures which can be
taken; each participating in an equestrian
activity expressly assumes the risk and
legal responsibility for any injury, loss or
damage to person or property which results
in an equestrian activity, on or around a
horse and the stable confines. We also
advise for your own protection that
additional dangerous sport insurance is
taken out independently by each rider.
3. Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
(1) The Individual acknowledges the inherent risks which are
involved in riding and working around horse(s)/pony(s), horse(s) / pony(s) equipment, stable facilities. The risks may include
but are not limited to, damage to personal
property, illness, bodily injury, trauma, or death
resulting from a fall or
while riding or being in close proximity to horse(s)/pony(s).
(2) The Individual further understands that both horse(s)/pony(s) and rider can be injured in
the normal course of events while riding, schooling, transporting and therefore agree to
indemnify and hold harmless Horse Haven
Riding School its employees, interns, volunteers, or any
help and further release them from any
accident, injury, damage or death to the participant, property, horse the participant
owns, any family member or spectator
accompanying the participant while on the premises of Horse Haven
Riding School and off the
participating in any activity sponsored by the stable.
4. 1. Horse/Pony Loan
1) No liabilities for any claim against Horse Haven sections
3, (a) and (b) apply.
2) Random spot checks shall be completed by Horse Haven Staff
to ensure that company policy is being
adhered to by the loaner.
3) Horse(s)/pony(s) loaners. If under the age of 18 must at
all times have parental/guardian/ward
supervision on the yard. 3rd Party child supervision is strictly forbidden. No child
under the age of 5 may loan any pony. Any parental/guardian/ward found to have falsified
that their under aged child may ride, will
have their loan immediately terminated. Horse Haven
Riding School staff
are not always available on the yard to
cover this; therefore the onus is upon the loaner’s
parental/guardian/ward to ensure that the
supervision is in place at all times. Horse Haven
Riding School staff will always leave
a contact telephone number to which they can
be contacted in the case of an emergency.
4) Full horse(s)/pony(s) loan; the loaner is responsible for
all of the following appropriate actions:
1. Complete feed and mucking
out of the horse(s)/pony(s) stall.
2. Complete and proper grooming of
3. Tack is properly cleaned daily
before and after use of ride out/lessons.
4. Field Turn out when and where
5) Horse/Pony loan is agreed upon
that the horse/pony during weekend
activities may be required for use in
certain ride outs/lessons.
Once completed task the horse/pony will be
returned to the loaner.
6) Under very exceptional
circumstances, loan days and times maybe
changed without notice.
7) Under no condition may the loaner
of the horse/pony give permission to any 3rd
party to ride the loaned horse/pony.
comply and the following actions maybe
dismissal from the yard.
termination of the loan.
of future loan or lessons.
8) Any suspected injury/illness must
be reported to a Proprietor who will decide
on the animal’s fitness to continue
9) If the loaners horse/pony throws a
shoe or suspects a loose shoe, this must be
reported as quickly as possible to a
who will decide on the animal’s fitness to
continue. Failure to comply in this area
will result in the loaner
full fee for farriery/veterinary work
completed on the horse.
4. 2. Unattended Horse/Pony Loan
1) Horse/Pony MUST NOT be fed one (1) hour prior to riding
2) Random spot checks maybe completed by Horse Haven Staff to
ensure that company policy is being adhered
to by the loaner
3) Horse/Pony must be correctly groomed and hoofs cleaned
prior to use
4) Tack must be cleaned at the end of each loan day.
Shortfalls or damage to equipment must be
reported to Horse Haven representative on the day.
5) Access to office and tack shall be verbally agreed upon on
the uptake of the loan period. Horse Haven
Staff Representative shall have the final
decision on all actions of access
6) Whilst riding in the yard and schools or out on hacks; at
all times wear adequate protection, approved
riding hats and body armour must be worn at all
times. The onus is upon the loaner to
provide these items of safety equipment.
7) Horses/Ponies must be correctly cooled off properly after
8) Horses/Ponies must not be subjected to anymore than 40
minutes hard work. Where upon they shall be
cooled off and rested for a minimum of 20 minutes
ensuring the provision of fresh water drink
before further use.
9) Under no condition may the loaner of the horse/pony give
permission to any 3rd party to ride the
10) Any suspected injury/illness must be reported to a
Proprietor who will decide on the animal’s
fitness to continue with the loan.
11) Reports back of person(s) found to be acting
inappropriately within the confines of the
Horse Haven or during ride out; will jeopardise future
12) Horse(s)/pony(s) loaners. If under the age of 18 must at
all times have parental/guardian/ward
supervision on the yard. 3rd Party child
supervision is strictly forbidden
13) Under very exceptional circumstances, loan days and
times maybe changed without notice
5. Animal Misconduct – This will not be
1) Reports of any suspected animal abuse/mistreatment shall
invoke immediate suspension of the loan
until the case has
been investigated by Horse Haven Staff
2) Any Horse/Pony found to be abused/mistreated the loan will
instantly be terminated
3) Appropriate legal action will be immediately instigated
via legal authorities
6. Consequential Loss of Equipment
Loss of any equipment loaned to the
individual loaning Horse(s)/Pony(s) from
Riding School is responsible
for the replacement of the equipment at the
current market value. Lost item(s)
replacement must be of equal or better
quality and as approved by a Proprietor.
7. Monday is a known and excepted day of
rest for horse(s)/pony(s) internationally.
Therefore to comply with this ruling,
all animals belonging to Horse Haven
Equestrian Centre shall not be ridden.
Failure to comply and the following actions
will be undertaken;
1) Instant dismissal from the yard.
2) Instant termination of the loan.
3) Jeopardy of future loan or lessons.
8. Errors and omissions excepted.
9. If any parts of these terms are found
to be unlawful, it shall not affect the
validity of the remainder.
10. Payment - Horse Haven may accept
payment as follows
1) Cheque – In person and by mail (subject
2) Postal/Money Order – In person and by
mail (subject to clearance)
3) Cash – In person only
4) Bank Transfer – Please ask for details.